cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Discounts When Contract Ends

BobbyNog
Tuning in

Hi, what do mean about staying on a 30 day rolling contract? I'm on a great deal at the moment with loads of promos and discounts and it's due to end shortly. Have you been able to keep your promos at the end of the contracted period without signing up to a new contract?

When I check about upgrading online, Mega TV replaces Maxit TV, it doesn't mention the second TV box I have, Talk More Anytime appears to be Anytime chatter (no idea what the difference is) and it no longer mentions Sky Entertainment UHD. Oh, and Netflix has gone from the package.

I'd be interested to know whether staying on your package was at the same price or it went up significantly. 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

pdfbt40
Fibre optic

I wish I could clarify but even the Customer Agent and the Manager she consulted really knew what my contract was or why it hadn't expired several times but kept going.

I think it was a short term promotion (30 day rolling) that everybody forgot.  The threat was that if I made changes, it would expire.  So I don't even know if I'm still on Maxit or Virgin have changed me to Mega (which isn't mega !)

pdfbt40

roy247
Superstar

It should say on your contract when your promotions and discounts end and then expect to go up to the full price of the package unless you phone and get a better deal.

The second box is now an extra charge where it was included in all the previous top packages and TNT Sports is £18 a month extra. Sky UHD Cinema and Entertainment was also dropped as part of any package, now an extra.

Netflix was still included last time I looked on the top package but haven't checked today.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BobbyNog wrote:

Have you been able to keep your promos at the end of the contracted period without signing up to a new contract?

Promotional discounts nearly always come with the quid-pro-quo of a new minimum term. There have been a couple of exceptions where price rises have been concerned, but that's not the norm.

As mentioned by @roy247 - each monthly bill and every contract, shows the amount & duration of time-limited discounts - all alongside the standard undiscounted monthly price.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If you're prepared to accept an 18-month contract call VM (choosing "Thinking of leaving") and see what's on offer, it will most likely cost less per month than a rolling contract but you will be on a long contract.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection