cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to update my phone number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Under the "account details" section of my Virgin Media Online account, an old phone number is attached and cannot be changed.

I have tried different browsers, devices. I have tried clearing cache and cookies. Every time it states either "Changes made successfully" or "We couldn't make this change. Please try again later"

Regardless of the output, nothing ever changes.

I have been in touch with Virgin over the phone over a week ago, they said they would rectify it within 24 hours and it's still the old phone number.

Forum staff, please DM me so I can update this information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mjacewicz,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with updating your phone number within My VM. We can certainly ensure we have the correct number for you here by updating the account. 

In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mjacewicz,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with updating your phone number within My VM. We can certainly ensure we have the correct number for you here by updating the account. 

In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs