cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eviction, Cancer and EDF

Mindthehat
Joining in

Our landlord has chosen to evict us so our home can be sold and, in what I can describe as a cruel twist, my father had a stoke and was diagnosed with cancer and is now in palliative care at the same time

In a matter of weeks we (myself, my wife and our toddler) will loose our home and I will perhaps loose my father. We haven’t found somewhere new to live either. 

We’re good first time customers of VM never having missed any payments but with 10 months remaining on our contract. We reached out to VM via the chat feature on the website explaining our circumstances and expected grace and empathy. Nope.

We received a fairly generic and incredibly brief response to indicate sorrow and then a barrage (a literal string) of messages about an early disconnection fee, how much it will be, how it can’t be waived, how I no longer had any options, etc. 

I’ve been in touch with our other utilities and been met with nothing but grace and dignity given our circumstances. Our interaction however with VM this morning may be the vilest experience I’ve ever had with a company. 

Does anyone have any advice here?

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mindthehat

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forums. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your fathers diagnosis and that you're having to leave your home. 

I'm going to send you a private message now.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide