cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing contract renewal

A_T
Joining in

Hi,

I am visiting my mum who has been a Virgin media customer for many years. It seems at her last renewal the person she spoke to has sold her on something and made promises that have not been fulfilled - my mum is elderly, disabled, not at all tech savvy so can get easily confused. She is being invoiced a lot more than she was promised, the service she is recieving is the same feature wise (and actually a downgrade functionality wise) from her previous contract for ~£20 a month more, and she was promised a replacement box that she didn't have to talk to to use.

Does anyone have any advice on the following:

- how can she/I get hold of the chat transcripts where she was sold this new contract to see what was actually promised?

- how can I speak to someone from Virgin about this, as their support offering has seemingly become woeful since I last dealt with them (telephone number ideally)?

- has anyone had a similar experience and how did they resolve it?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes this is a familiar story. The sales people take advantage of elderly customers to sell them expensive 'upgrades'. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Yeah VM offshore sales and HQ management see older and more vulnerable customers as rich opportunities to "optimise revenue per unit" in the parlance of the VM quarterly reports.

Links to demand call recordings/transcripts/record entries is below as is the complaints form link. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi A_T 👋 Welcome to the community forum! Thanks for posting with your concerns. 

So sorry to hear about this experience with our customer service and with your mum's package change! We'd like to take a formal record of your feedback by raising a complaint so we can investigate what has happened here. 

We sadly would need to speak to your mum directly to make any changes to the package, as this can only be done with the account holder directly. 

If you do want to raise a Data Subject Access Request to see the chat transcript you can do so here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq

In the meantime, I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can investigate and offer further support wherever possible. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋 
Just returning to keep the public thread updated. Thanks to A_T for PMing with me 📩 - we were able to confirm the details needed to take a closer look and help get some help for their mum. 

Glad to report it's all sorted now! I have also raised their concerns internally regarding accessibility and some of the features of the V6 Box vs the TV360. 

You know where to find us if there's any further issues! 🌞

Molly

Hi all,

As Molly said, we managed to find a resolution to the issues which involved a much more reasonable renewal discount.

Whilst the issues with lost functionality on the 360 box remain, we understand that it's a entirely new platform, and they cannot continue to support the older platform forever. Hopefully the feedback to the the development team will encourage some of the missing features from the V6 platform to be integrated into 360.

Thank you Molly and your colleague for your support, hopefully things go a lot smoother in 18 months time

Regards,

Adam