cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV disconnection problems

Juno6
Joining in

Hi guys just hoping someone here has some advice. 

here’s the problem : had to disconnect early due to DV in January - been sofa surfing ever since.  

Always paid bills on time, sent all equipment back (which was over two years old from previous contract) and told virgin about situation - having said it would be waived they still sent a bill.  This repeated every month - I got another bill, I phoned to explain and ask for help - each time it took about an hour of being ping ponged around virgin departments and then repeatedly cut off and never once did the customer service rep call back - so I’d have to start again!! 

next thing I get a debt collection letter - I called them and explained the situation and they refused to collect the money for virgin as they considered it un ethical. The debt collectors spoke to virgin and they got the impression from virgin that it would be waived. 

then I get another bill and the cycle repeats - I am trying so hard to get this sorted out and after 4+ months I can’t get it sorted no matter how many people I speak to at virgin.  

I can’t keep doing this it is so distressing, probably will have implications for my credit rating and for a communications company their communication is shocking. 
 If anyone’s got any advice please help me. 

2 REPLIES 2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Juno6 

Welcome to the community forums 

I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you've had when trying to contact us regarding a bill that has done to a debt collector.

We can certainly look into this further for you here. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Juno6 

Glad we've been able to get this resolved for you. If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley