cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal shambles

Eric001
Joining in

It seems to me that contract renewal should be a well tried and tested procedure - but it isn't.

I got the 'time to renew your contract' email and selected an offer online. Got 'order documents' and 'order summary' emails on 1st April (could this date be significant?) estimating an activation date of 5th April. Then nothing. Raised a formal complaint and got the response 'I do understand that you have been offered a new contract on 1/04/24 and this order has not been full filled. Upon checking your account, I do not find any new contract that has gone through on our end...'. Well, yes, that's my complaint - no new contract!

I was offered an extension to my existing contract at a reduced price but without the speed upgrade promised in the renewal offer. I queried this and again... Nothing.

I then requested that VM honour their original offer but reduce the price in view of  my wasted time and the increase in the price of the old contract which they had implemented meantime... No response.

Why do customers have to go through this farce just for the simplest of purchases?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Eric001

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

We're very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the new contract. 

It can take up to 14 days for online orders to be processed.

The contract you received however should show on our side in the meantime. 

I'll send you a private message now so we can check this.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

RandoUser
On our wavelength

Hi,

Good luck with this. I've been in the exact same situation since the start of March: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Email-contract-renewal-offer-has-no...

There seems to be a lot of Virgin Media employees who think it's perfectly acceptable to offer contracts and then refuse to honour them. Including in their complaints department?!?

The forums team seem to be able to fix it for some people. They can't be bothered fixing it for me, apparently.

You might be better cancelling via the retentions team (30 days notice prior to your contract minimum coming to an end) and negotiating a renewal with them. If you've not been put off Virgin Media, that is.

Hi

I agree that it's probably time to phase out VM. Trouble is all the email-based account id's that will need to be changed to gmail (or something).

They're bottom of the league for customer service in the 'Which?' surveys (again).

Hi Eric001

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

We're very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the new contract. 

It can take up to 14 days for online orders to be processed.

The contract you received however should show on our side in the meantime. 

I'll send you a private message now so we can check this.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide