cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract has 3 months to run. I have been offered a renewal.

RogerHG
Tuning in

My contract has 3 months to run. I have been offered a renewal for 18 months. Would the renewal start now or when current contract ends

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

It would start as soon as you agree to it 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

It would start as soon as you agree to it 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you start a new contract now it’s possible it will not be affected by the April price increase. Make sure if this is mentioned that you get it in writing.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RogerHG thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Any deal you agree online would commence in the time advised on your communication.  It's usually 7-14 days from the date you accept the order.

Regards

Lee_R

Llama999
Tuning in

I have also received the same email and I have renewed and only just realised that I still have another 3 months to run on my old contract.  Will my old contract automatically be terminated, when the new one starts?  If so, with I incur any early termination charges for terminating my old contract with 3 months still to run on it?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Llama999 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums.

Any acceptance of a renewal offer will overrule any existing contract that you have. There will be no early termination charges, but you may see a pro-rata charge or credit applied on your next bill after the new contract has been processed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions 👍

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you for the information.

My new contract started straight away.

The Email that I received suggesting that I can renew my contract 2 months early definitely says that I would be on the same package.

This evening, weeks after my contract renewed, my TNT Sports Channel has disappeared and it is saying that I can pay £18 per month to get it back?

I am assuming there is nothing that I can do?

Sorry to hear this.

Can you confirm in your documents for your new package does this say if TNT sports was included or not? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your incredibly quick response.

I have now scrutinized the email that I received in great detail and although the banner headline says that I am renewing my contract with the same package, in the 'Small Print', there is a sentence that says "For customers who have Maxit TV, TNT Sports is no longer included when recontracting with this offer".

To be fair, it is not even in 'Small Print', but obviously my eyes decided to ignore any 'Bad News'.

So, totally my error.

Meanwhile, seeing that you appear to be the 'Greatest Forum Team Member' in the world, maybe you could help me with another issue.

It is just that I have had my Gig1 Fibre Broadband, giving me speeds in excess of 1,000 Mbps for some time.

It is just that 2 or 3 months ago it dropped to below 100 and it varies now between 100 and 400. 

My contract says that I have a minimum guaranteed download speed of 565 Mbps.

I have spent many hours trying to get through to speak to a 'Human' in technical support and I have not been successful.

The best that I can do, is to get through to a 'Computer Voice' that tells me to turn off my hub and turn it back on.

At this point, because it is very inconvenient to do so, I usually 'Console Myself' with the observation that whether the speedtest is showing 100 or 1,000 Mbps, I cannot tell the difference and I give up in trying to contact someone.

So, my question is: For future reference, what is the best Telephone No./Strategy to get through to speak to a human, who might be able to help me with my 'Issue', although the reality is that I am not 'Losing any Sleep' on my issue. Last night, I tried LiveChat, regarding my TNT Sports issue, but had to give up after a 2 hour wait.

P.S. I have turned my hub on and off, but it makes no difference.

I am sorry to hear this it, due to licencing it all did it change.

With the broadband let me send you a DM and we can run some test on the speed for you.

We do have many ways you can contact us which can be found here  

Keep an eye out for my DM now. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?