cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending - downgrading/renewing

Cheltski
Joining in

Just after someone to confirm if all is okay. 

I currently have Gig1 internet only, and have been looking to move to a lower speed package to save a little money as i don’t particularly need all this speed anymore.

Noticed contact ends 24 April.

Went on live chat and asked them if i can move from Gig1 to a lower speed package for a lower monthly cost. They responded saying i can move to the 350 package and that it would cost £x amount and this would change from next bill.

My question is, i haven’t received any emails and when i log in to my VM account nothing shows any different. Can’t see any pending switches etc. 

Is this normal? will the changes show up next month after the contact ends?

Thanks

Cheltski

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Cheltski, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community.

Sometimes with a change like this it doesn't start right away and can take place within 30 days.

You should of got some documents though stating this, did you not get anything?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the warm welcome and assistance.

No emails received at all after the web chat and thought it was a little odd (although it was only yesterday?) as would have expected something but appreciate the change itself isn’t immediate and will take place c.30 days.

Was just hoping to make sure the change is ‘in the pipeline’ so to speak and doesn’t get missed 🙂

Thanks

Cheltski

No problem at all.

Just to confirm nothing in showing on the app either?

Have you checked the junk / spam emails and nothing is still there? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Nothing on the app or spam email emails unfortunately, so not looking promising! From memory the agents name on live chat was something along the lines of Davya, although appreciate that probably doesn’t help much.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob