cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewed with out consent

topcat249
Joining in

Called today to cancel contract due to a move !

to find out when i called to up my speed they renewed my contract, I ask on the phone if this would affect my current contract and was told no everything would stay the same.

i confirmed this with the person on phone and said if it changed my end date i would not be interested, Was told no only the speed would changed.

Now in a contract that i did not agree to and was but into place with out my permission, I will have to continue to pay and will take this to OFCOM in 8 weeks 

stay well clear of these fraudsters 

5 REPLIES 5

steveclifford54
On our wavelength

Welcome to my world. I was offered an increase in broadband without any change to my contract, guess what?  It did, and increased my payment by £41. They have told me that they have now given me a discount of that total and my original contract can end sept. However my on-screen contract shows no discount and a July 25 end. They even told me yesterday, they would get a manager to email the discount to me to see.... I'm still scratching my nads waiting

Alby41
Up to speed

Well m8tey .. what you see is what you get .. what does your written contract actually say ... viewed in "  MY VIRGIN MEDIA " ... you need to be precise about this .. any renege by VM... is a lot of  evidence... for ofcom / cisas should you wish to travel that road .. a lot of hassle .. hey ho.. does anyone need this ? .. hope you do not wait too long for " RESOLUTION DAY " ... just saying .. good luck ...😄

Addressed to who m8tey

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Topcat249 👋 Welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

So sorry to hear about these concerns with your contract term following a change to your speed. 
When changing your services with us or taking out a new contract you should receive contract documents to check and approve ahead of us processing any change. 
When you were sent these documents did they have the correct dates from your original contract on?

In order to investigate further and offer support we will need to send you a PM to confirm a few bits of account information. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

topcat249
Joining in

It gets worst by every email

Lets see if they send me all my data requested under subject access request.

keep well clear of this company !