cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of account number

PeteFletch
Tuning in

Hi, 

Having had problems with my new package I now have a new account number.

When I sign into My Virgin Media it still brings up the old account.

can I have the new account number transferred to my email address that I sign in with?

many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PeteFletch 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Could you expand on what's happened please?

Ordinarily you would only receive a new account number if you have moved property or you are a new customer. 

Have you recently joined as a new customer?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PeteFletch 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Could you expand on what's happened please?

Ordinarily you would only receive a new account number if you have moved property or you are a new customer. 

Have you recently joined as a new customer?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I am a new customer and somewhere between phone calls my account was cancelled, I then had my account renewed with a new Account number 

This has led to my old account number still visible when I sign in to My Virgin Media and not my new account number.

is it possible to delete my old account number and replace it with my new account on the same email address and password? 

Hi @PeteFletch, can you confirm if you've attempted to register for the self-care account with the new account number you've been issued?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, what is the self-care account?

It’s very long winded but here goes.

I signed up to Virgin Media Volt bundle on the 16th Feb, the bundle came on the 2nd March, I set the package up and called to activate, the Wi-Fi connected straight away then I finished the call and waited for the TV to activate but it came up with an error code so I called back.

The activation team member said I had to wait 24hrs for the TV so I did. I called back  the next day to which the assistant said I had cancelled the contract but I had not.

I had made 2 calls, 1 to activate the package and 1 to say the TV wasn’t working.

I contacted the person who I signed up with who then created a new account and sent out a new package.

the new package arrived today which thankfully is working But when I sign in to the Virgin media app it still keeps logging me into my first account that got cancelled without my consent? 

Thanks @PeteFletch. You may need to log out of the account that you keep logging into and then go through the registration process.

When you were issued with a new account/package, this would come with a new account number and this would need to be registered to create the self-care account (also known as My Virgin Media)

Do you have access to this account number?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

yes that’s the problem, I am signing out but when I log back in to register with the email address it just keeps saying there is already an account under that email.

I don’t want to set up a new email due to the first account still being live.

Can my email address be transferred to my new account number 

Do you have an alternative E-Mail address you can use to register the account?

Once this is registered, you should then be able to change the E-Mail address you log in with from the self-care account.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn