cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my Contract

Mosman
Tuning in

Today I noticed that my bill had gone up, so I phoned VM to see why this is. I was told that my contract expires in 3 days and my discount has ended. I tried to see if they can offer my anything same or better, however after going through their customer sevice, then retation team and finally to cancelation team, they were not able to offer me anything near what I was paying. I have 350M, Phone ( Never use ) plus TV which I never watch as I have Netflix, Prime and Disney Plus. I used to pay £66 a month. Now they want me to pay £72 a month. I wanted to upgrade to their 1Gig broadband and they offered me at £80+. On their black Friday sale they have this for £57.50 plus 3 months free ( new customers ). I have been with them for over 10 years, play DD and never missed a payment. 

Anyway I decided that I wanted to cancel my account and shop around, however, this is where the drama beginis. The guys from VM started to tell me that I need to return my equipment and that I have 3 of these to returun. I sain no, I only have the VM TV box and the router Hub5. The guys started saying that I also have the Hub 3 that I need to return. I said No, I don't. Last year in Dec 22, I had an issue with my broadband and yous ent an engineer to visit, they replaced my Hub 3 with the Hub 5 and took away the old Hub. He started by saying no, they engineer would not take the old hub and that I have to pay £65 for this old hub now. I started to get **bleep** now, as this is clearly not true. Why would the engineer replace my old hub with a new one and leave the old one as well. Also if this was true and it's not, it's been almost a year and no one mentioned about this hub until now that I want to cancel. This was clearly VM trying to screw me over and forcing me not to leave. I know I did not want to leave VM but after this treatment, I'm glad I am cancelling my services and will move elsewhere. How can they act like this, trying to force someone not to leave by putting false charges. This clealry is not right. I'm looking into raising this with Ofcom. 

Usually after speaking to the cancellation team, they do their best to keep you, this guy was doing his best to make sure I leave. Amazing!!!!. I have 30 days until my services stop working, so time to shop around other providers. Funny thing is just after my phone call, my broadband went down for around 20 mins, but then came back on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for updating us @Mosman and we are so glad that things have turned around for you and you are now staying with us. 

If you ever do need any help in the future please do pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to help. 

Thank you again for updating! 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Mosman 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your cancellation and thank you again for posting. I am so sorry that the old Hub is causing issues for you, I'd be more than happy to look into this with you via a private message.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you so much for chatting with me via the forums, and I am so sorry again that you have faced this issue @Mosman but I am glad we have been able to resolve this. 

If you face any further issues at all then please do pop back to us here on the forums and we will do all we can to help. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mosman wrote:

Today I noticed that my bill had gone up, so I phoned VM to see why this is. I was told that my contract expires in 3 days and my discount has ended

Appreciate you've already sorted yours, but for future reference....

You have a rolling contract for your package at full-price, with a minimum contractual term which many people refer to as "contract ending" - it's not. You also have time-limited discounts which in VM's world tend to correlate with the minimum term.

Each of your monthly bills and contract, all show the discounts you have together with their expiry dates - meaning the reversion to full-price shouldn't ever be a surprise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Good to hear that Ash apparently fixed it for you. However Ofcom may still be interested to hear about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Mosman
Tuning in

Thank you Ashleigh for getting this resolved. This has been very helpful, only wish I had dealt with someone like you to being with, I would not have cancelled my services. Keep up the good work.

Mosman
Tuning in

Just a quick update. Just had a call from a VM customer loyalty team, a man by the name of Graham. He wanted to see why I was cancelling my services and what they can do to keep me. I explained my situation and what happened yesterday. I explained that I did not want to leave, all I wanted was to get back my discount, but after the call yesterday, they pushed me to want to cancel. He was very understand and asked if he could find me a good deal if I would stay. I said it depends on the deal. Long story short, he upgraded me to the 1gig broadband, new TV 360 all for less than what I was paying previously. This is all that I wanted to beging with when I called yesterday. Thank you Ashleigh and Graham for getting this resolved for me. Also thanks to everyone on the forum for your helpful advise. I'm glad I joined this forum and will continue to be a memeber and contribute what I can.

Thank you for updating us @Mosman and we are so glad that things have turned around for you and you are now staying with us. 

If you ever do need any help in the future please do pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to help. 

Thank you again for updating!