cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register new account for My Virgin Media

Slytipple1
Tuning in

Good Afternoon, I recently signed up to Virgin Media last month (now that it’s available in my area) and am awaiting installation next week.

I have tried registering my account for My Virgin Media however am hit with a message when trying to create an account;

”We’re sorry to see you go, now you’ve left us, we’ve  closed your account and you can no longer register for My Virgin Media”

Now researching this issue it appears it’s because I used to have Virgin at a previous address before moving to an area that initially didn’t support it. I had used the same email address and believe this to be a legacy issue relating to that old account.

I have tried mentioned this to support on the phone previously but they said they couldn’t help.

Please can someone get in touch with me on here so we can resolve this issue ahead of my installation on Friday.

Thanks!

28823974-544C-4236-AF12-468317BB3FEA.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Slytipple1,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. Great to have you back 🙂

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to create your new account with us. 

Your email address will most likely be tied to your former account. If that is the case our IT team would need to update the records.

I'm more than happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via PM first.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

60 REPLIES 60

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Slytipple1,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. Great to have you back 🙂

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to create your new account with us. 

Your email address will most likely be tied to your former account. If that is the case our IT team would need to update the records.

I'm more than happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via PM first.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I’ve just replied back.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your PM @Slytipple1,

I've raised a ticket with our IT team for you regarding this issue and I should hear back from them within 5 - 7 days.

I will follow up with you as soon as I know more.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue on registering for an account. Please can you also raise this with your IT team

Thanks

Hello P12345,

Sorry this is happening to you as well. 

It's an easy fix from our side.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Ayisha,

I had the broadband and tv installed on Friday afternoon and this all looks to be working, however due to not being able to set up an online account it means I have no control over things like child-safe.

Please could we also get child safe disabled asap as it’s causing issues with my work. There are no children in his house so I’m fine with all of that being disabled for now.

Thanks,

Danny

Hi @Slytipple1,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that the install all went ahead okay and that you're set up with your services. Regarding your My Virgin Media online account, I believe you've been speaking with my colleague about this via private message who raised the issue to our IT department to investigate.

From what I can see the ticket is still being worked on, but if you have any additional queries regarding this matter that requires account access then please reach back out to my colleague via private message and they'll be happy to assist you further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi has there been any updates regarding this? It’s been a week since it was installed and I have no control over it as I can’t access my account.

Thanks

Hi there @Slytipple1

I am so sorry that this issue has been ongoing! 

I have checked this ticket and I can see that it is still open which means our teams are still looking into this. 

I am so sorry again that this is ongoing but we will update as soon as we can.