cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can new account be set up where I live now, when I move, without disconnect/reconnect of line

purpleivan
On our wavelength

Hi

In the next few weeks I'll be moving to a part of the country where Virgin Media broadband is not available, so I will unfortunately have to end my cancel my connect. My connection is currently at my mother's place, where I've been staying while waiting for my house purchase to complete. As she is unhappy with her current broadband provider (NowTV), she has cancelled her contract with them and is looking for an alternative to sign up with and I'm wondering if it is possible for her to start a new contract with VM, to start the day that mine ends, so without a disconnection/reconnect period, or at least with minimal downtime if that is required.

I'm currently out of contract with VM, as I knew at the time for renewal that I'd be moving in a few months, so there was no point in signing up to a contract only to break out of it a few months later.

Does anyone know if it is possible to seamlessly switch between customer at the same address and additionally, if this is possible, will I need to return my VM Hub and my mother to recieve a new one, or can the same unit be used by a new customer.

I understand that this would be an unusual arrangemment, so might not be accomodated by VM, but thought it worth asking if it could be.

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi purpleivan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, it has been a little while, I hope you have kept well, when moving it is our Movers team you would speak to, you can advise your parents wish to take the services in their name and would like it to be seamless with no/ minimum breaks in service.

Regards

Paul.