cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Virgin the worst company for customer service?

Chomp
Joining in

The answer is yes btw, just need to vent somewhere as I can't cope with speaking to them on the phone again today, I may have a breakdown.

Multiple outstanding complaints, probably at least 5 missed appointments in the last 2 weeks, you go through the automated verification process when you call and yet when they answer they ask how they can help......check your system, what does it say about me, and the multiple missed appointments and the lack of almost 50% of my channels.

They rebook an appointment and we all know the chances of someone attending are pretty much zero as they have not attended the last 5, but we have to play the game.  And at what point does anyone proactively take charge of the situation and escalate any of this?

If I cancel my direct debit you can guarantee that all my services will be turned off almost immediately.

Shocking, truly shocking. The benefits of outsourcing to the cheapest solutions are purely increased profit - greed.

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Demand compensation for all missed appointments https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Chomp wrote:

<snip>The benefits of outsourcing to the cheapest solutions are purely increased profit - greed.

You seem to have identified VM's motivations in its approach!

Has a general fault been identified in your area for TV (if you are referring to missing TV channels) when you use the service status checker and the automated service status number 0800 561 0061?

A feature of VM's tech-booking system seems to be that tech visits to individual customers get routinely cancelled if an area fault is identified. Unfortunately the booking system can still allow a tech visit to be booked but it is then automatically cancelled (often without notifying the customer).

Cancelling your direct debit is only likely to backfire on you as VM's debt-collection procedures will spring into action (these work far more efficiently than VM's fault-repairing procedures).

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chomp,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I have taken a look on our side and I can see you have spoken with the team regarding this. 

Have they been able to advise further on this?

^Martin

No, they just keep on rebooking appointments for Commex (?) to come out and carry out a repull, and they never attend.

Another missed appointment from Friday last week.

There appears to be no way of escalating this, if I call I speak to the same team who are frankly useless in this situation, I get mad, they rebook another appointment as that is "all they can do", the appointment is missed and we go round in circles.

I am quite frankly at the end of my tether.

Hi Chomp,

We see, thanks for getting back to us.

We'd really like to help and do our best to implement a solution ASAP. 

I've dropped you a PM so I can take your details and look into this with you.

Beth