cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Contract Review and Renewal

Savity
Joining in

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice about my options, before I pluck up the courage to ring the renewals team.

I've been with Virgin forever (or the previous providers of my phone/tv/broadband as they were taken over by VM).  I am also with O2 (again, been with them forever), and have Volt activated so I get double data for O2, and M500 instead of M350.

My current contract was a bit of a mistake, I was enticed with a renewal, which saved me £6 as a previous discount was coming to an end.  What I didn't realise (my fault for not reading), was that I was moving from my old "Bigger Bundle" onto Mixit, with TNT sports and 4 personal picks added. This also lost me access to HD and UHD for a number of channels, and screwed up Series Links - less of an issue now as the SD channels have now become HD anyway

So my current contract includes

TV:  V6 box, Mixit TV, 2 Additional TV Boxes, Entertainment Picks (x4) and TNT Sports

Broadband: M500 (for the price of M350 via Volt)

Phone: Talk Weekends, Line Rental

I'm currently charged £107, including a £6 discount, which will end on 22nd Feb, when my current contract runs to it's 18month expiry date, so will be paying £113 from then.

There's a couple of things I'd like advice on.

We have a V6 Tivo with two additional boxes, that don't work properly. We only really need one additional now as kid's moved out, but the one we do use doesn't seem to show Netflix or ITVx or possibly other streamed services.

I'd like to renew with Virgin, hassle to move to Sky, and I'd lose Volt benefits, but want to make sure I get the best deal.

Would I be best moving to TV360 and 1 additional mini box

Would I be best getting MegaTV and TNT Sports instead of the Mixit + Entertainment picks?

I wouldn't mind exploring an upgrade to M500 (and therefore get the 1G via Volt), but I think this would need new SuperHub?  I currently have my Superhub set up as a modem only, with a Mesh Router setup, which I'd want to keep the same. Do the updated superhubs still allow this?

Any other advice to optimise my renewal before I pick up the phone to speak to someone?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Savity
Joining in

After browsing round some other posts, I went to search for a renewal email....

Apparently I can keep my current services "for a little bit more", which turns out it is £128 a month.  If I don't renew my contract, I will stay on £113 as far as I can see.   So what is the beneift to renewing my contract and paying £21 pounds more than I currently do (I'd still get £6 discount off £134).

Seems that something is wrong here.  And getting very expensive....

In contrast, I just priced up a switch to Sky....  £75 a month for a 65" TV with Sky Glass and 900GB Broadband and Sky TV Package (so no TNT sports, but all channels I watch out of the MegaTV bundle), and phone over internet..

Without the TV, that would be £51 a month.  Now I know that will go up considerably after 18 months, but where's the incentive to stay?