cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancelled still being billed

Bernard1
Tuning in

I cancelled my account with VM on the 18th of September and I was told it would be disconnected on the 18th of October, so that is fine with me.

I have a new ISP which was installed on the 28th of September and I was also having my phone number ported across to new provider, this has now been done. I was asked by VM to give them a call to let them know when the port had been done so as I wouldn't be charged for any telephone usage.

I have just been on the phone with VM who thanked me very much for this information, now the thing is.....why have I just got a monthly bill from VM with is due to be taken from my bank on the 29th of October.

I am somewhat confused.

Kind Regards

Bernard.

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM continues to bill you on the normal billing schedule right up until your disconnection date.

Shortly after you are disconnected you should receive a final bill from VM.

If you are in debit you pay VM and leave. If you are in credit VM refunds you the balance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/billing-and-payment/bill-explainer/my-final-bill-explainer

Thanks for that.

Been with them from the onset (and before that was with Cable & Wireless/Nynex/NTL) and never missed a payment.

Will just wait patiently and see what transpires.

Again many thanks.

Snowdrops
Just joined

I cancelled in November for disconnection in December. Received confirmation email that we are leaving. Paid final bill. Now received a bill for January and February. Can't get anywhere on the phone!

Send to finance ombudsman, I will be doing the same and citizen advice if we get this as we're now leaving and had nothing but issues - gave 30 days notice and they terminated wtihin 24hrs.