cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

449 REPLIES 449

Hi, 

I am confused as hell why my neighbours can get Virgin Broadband, but I can't. I know cabling was done in front of my house 6 years ago and all houses can get VM. I was on call with call centre and she was clueless and said I need to register interest. This is just bizzare. How do I expedite it?

Hi Kapilvarshney 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your current availability of services. It may be that you would require a site visit from the team to ensure services are available for you. We can request that a further investigation is made and you are re-contacted with an update. 

We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi All 👋 
Just returning to keep things updated. Thanks to kapilvarshney for PMing with me! 📨

We were able to confirm the details needed for the team who manages these requests to investigate further and get back in touch. Hopefully they get this sorted for you as quickly as possible. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Datunaaa
Joining in

I'm also in same situation literally next door can get VM but for me, can someone check please ?

Thanks 

Hi there @Datunaaa 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you are currently not able to connect with us, I'd be happy to pop you a private message get a form raised so the team can reach out.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

josh13
Joining in

Hey I’m also in the same situation, both my neighbours have access to virgin media

BlueFox1
Tuning in

I have just found this thread.  I am in a street of 1930s houses and several of my neighbours have Virgin Broadband but when I put my house number in it says it is not available to me.  I tried putting in other house numbers into the Virgin Broadband form.  Some houses already have it, some don't have it but it is available to them if they want it but other like me can't have it.  There seems to be no pattern to it.  The cable must run outside all the houses in the street including the ones Virgin says it can't doesn't supply.  I remember them digging up the pavement some years ago.  The houses have been there for 90s years and are all similar style.  So why does Virgin want to supply some and not others?  The alternative broadbands are getting slower and slower so it would be good if Virgin was an option for everyone in the street. 

Hello BlueFox,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. Sorry to hear yours and several other properties are not connected to our network.

Would you be okay supplying some details if I sent you a private message? As i would like to see if it's possible to get services with us.

If you can check your logo at the top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

D15
Joining in

I'm having the same issue. Our whole street has fibre and only Virgin provide this. Earlier this year, the only neighbour left on the road without access had a cable run to their house, and the third party installing it advised me our house wasn't on their jobs to do, which was slightly frustrating as I'd contacted virgin over the form and called multiple times. I get varied responses from the call centre which is very confusing. I'd like to understand simply how I can get this fixed as it seems very simple running a cable to the street, especially when I'm redoing my drive and digging it up anyway. 

Thanks for reaching out to to us @D15, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of difficulty faced when trying to obtain our services.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me and I'll be able to take some details from you to see if we can find out more about this for you.

Thanks,

David_Bn