cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Hi umfrevillen, thank you for getting back to us with an update! 

Thank you for taking the time to praise Lee - I have also passed this on internally so he will receive it. 

Glad to hear everything has now been sorted, please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help! 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi there, sorry to hijack the thread but I am having a similar issue as people have described above. Moving to a new development near the city centre and can see that neighboring properties are connected to VM but when I check online the website says my property is not - wondering if this could be because the development hasn't been registered yet?

Hi @One_Deeper,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post!

I'd advise giving our Sales team a call on 0800 183 1234 so they can arrange for a spotter to come out.

Let us know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Womouk
Joining in

We are in a very similar position

Both of our neigbours have virgin available. We were here when they dug up the road in front of our house but the sales just say it's not possible.

Based on reading this thread I can't understand why that would be. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Womouk

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for making your first post regarding obtaining our services in your home. I'm sorry to hear we are currently unable to install services at your home. Each home is different and unfortunately while we may be able to provide for a neighbour, this doesn't guarantee we can provide for other homes in the area.

Have you spoken with our Sales Team on 0800 183 1234 to get a spotter sent out?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena 

Thanks for getting back to me. I have contacted the sales team, but they didn't offer me anything about sending out a spotter. Could I just ask them to do that?

Mark

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'd be happy to see if we can arrange a spotter to come out, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena

FlipOsFTW
On our wavelength

Hello,

I'm in a similar situation. Both my neighbours either side of my house have access to virgin media but I don't. I contacted sales team multiple times but as soon as I tell them my address they just say that my house can't have service.

Is there any way for me to get a spotter or someone to visit my property and confirm that it is not possible for me to receive virgin?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @FlipOsFTW

Thanks for your post in this topic, I wold be happy to arrange for a spotter to visit for you as well. I will send you a private message now to get the required details 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

Kayz
Joining in

Hi there I am moving into a flat in June and I was hoping to get Virgin Broadband since the two neighbours on either side both use Virgin media and have it installed, but on the website the flat I am moving into says Virgin Broadband is not available, yet for the flats around me it is, those above and to the left and right of my flat. And I believe the cabinet is just 50 meters away. Is there a way to check? I see from the other posts a possible spotter could be sent out, unsure what a spotter is, but I'm guessing it is someone who will check something about if it is possible?