cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

449 REPLIES 449

I too want to switch to virgin broadband, three consecutive neighbors only one door away have virgin broadband, but the website says it's not available to me, pls help

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Shl and welcome to our community.

After searching your post code you can fill out the Cable My Street form and register your interest. 

Thanks, Emily.

Hi Zak,

I am having the same issue. We have a new house built after the rest. Every other house in the close can get services but not us. I tried filling in the form and calling, but nobody is understanding our situation and are just trying to go through the packages that we can't even purchase!!

Hopefully, you will have some insight on what to do now?

Thanks

Thanks for your post samhw,

Have you spoken to the team company built the property for you?

It's often the case that companies that build a number of properties, have an agreement with Virgin Media and access to exclusive offers. 

It may well be worth speaking to them to see if they, not only have offers available to you, but if you can be connected to our network, or if you have already

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi

I have same problem as several time pointed in this topic.

I will move to a new flat. Tried to order broadband from virginmedia. When I enter the postcode, the neighbours in the left and right of my flat can get the service, but I can't (my apartment No is not in the list). Can this be malfunction in database? How I can ensure that it is possible or not? If not, can I ask to install the service for that flat?

Thanks.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post and welcome to our community.

You can confirm this with the sales team over 0800 183 1234, however, can we please confirm if you're renting or buying the flat in question? If renting you'd need to confirm if this may have been due to the home owner or building owners permissions. 

Thanks, Emily

Maaak
Joining in

Hi,

I have the same situation. Every house down my road is listed to be able to receive Virgin Media when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. I have the little Virgin Media access hole outside my property and I have contacted Virgin Media loads of times and they even sent an engineer to check once who I spoke and he said nothing is wrong but for some reason the website says I still can't get Virgin media. Please can someone look into this and finally resolve it - I have been wanting to sign up to Virgin Media for months now but it seems it's a situation where the 'computer says no' so I can't get it. 

Thanks,

M

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I've replied to your other post.

Thanks again

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hello,

I am having similar issues has highlighted above from other posters.

i will be moving to new property and would like to keep my package with Virgin. Unfortunately, when I search for the address, (Number 6), it does not list as being able to receive services.

The strange thing is, numbers 1/3/5/7/9 can receive it, as aswell as every number from onwards 10-50, but the evens 2/4/6/8 cannot. The houses are not new build, and our house no.6 is in middle of both 5&7. It looks like an error but I’ve had no look trying to get an answer.

Would someone be able to look into this for me please?

Thank you

Ben

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

I can take a look for you.

I’ll pop your a private message to take your address and see if I can assist you.

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more