cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @fazz0062

Thanks for your response

I understand your frustration but please do be assured this is top of the teams priority list once the resources are good to go. Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi!

I am having a similar issue to all in this thread, so would love some help. I’ve just bought a new property and again, everyone else on the street has virgin media access but my building. I’ve even spoken to the ground floor for betting shop and they have virgin media.

would really appreciate if virgin could send out a technician/ engineer to please come and see if we can get virgin media access, rather than what the phone call centre does which is just “computer says no”. I had virgin media for 4 years before at another property and we had similar teething problems at the beginning but they eventually just sent someone out to visit and install. 

please help with this as virignhas the fastest speeds and the alternatives are very slow! 

ollie

Hi Ollie2220,

A warm welcome and thank for posting on our community forums. We can certainly take a look at this for you and see if we can get a spotter arranged to come and take a look to see if the services are available to you.

I will pop you over a private message and take some details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi, 

Similar problem to everyone else. I live on a terrace street where both my neighbours either side can get Virgin Media but when I input my address it says it's current not available.

Would anyone at Virgin be able to investigate for me?

Thanks

Tom

Hi tomt1980, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Thanks for expressing an interest in joining us as a customer.  As you're unable to make any progress via our postcode checker, I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.  

Regards

Lee_R

Hi! I am having a similar issue to all in this thread, so would love some help. I would really appreciate if virgin could send out a technician/ engineer to come and see if we can get virgin media access, postcode checker says not available.

I have main road access to where the cable runs past my property, and even what looks like a service duct.
When the works was being done I spoke to the installers and asked if he could run a cable ready for my home, as far as I know and from the images it seems he was true to his word.

Please help with this as I work from home and need a business line installed ASAP.

888DF406-55DA-42A9-904E-F544E94BD23A.jpeg

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Steve3005

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you're unable to get out services. Unfortunately we're unable to handle any business related queries via the forums, we'll need you to contact our Business team on 0800 052 0800 who will be able to provide further information on this for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Thanks travis, I would also be looking for the tv services too.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Steve3005

Thanks for your reply

A small business account is available through our business team which would enable you to have TV as such too, please do contact the team and they'll be happy to discuss further 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi,

I have very slow broadband and checker says I can't get Virgin. However, two of my neighbours in my small block have Virgin, one has an outdoor box about 10 steps away from my front door. The other has cables going into the ground and is about 5 steps from my front door. I spoke with a passing by Virgin engineer who said that I should be able to get it, could you please help?

thanks

Ben

IMG_9517.jpgIMG_9518.jpg