cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DJC1210 

I will pop over a private message to take some more details

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Funny one today after being told I couldn't get it.

Engineer in the street so asked him what he thought about my situation, he actually laughed out loud when I showed him that we were apparently unserviceable and all of the other houses in the street were fine. We're the closest house to the cabinet. People half a mile down the road who use the same cabinet can get it.

He told me to call up because it should be able to get sorted yet judging by over 20 pages of this thread I'd be completely wasting my time. 

If you're willing to wait, it'll probs take at least 4 month :') but that's only because it's taking them so long to get a permit from the council... That's my situation anyway

Take it you were in the same situation.. What did you say when you rang up? I get told "Oh sorry a spotter has been out and said it's unserviceable' which is clearly a load of rubbish. Nobody has been out to look at it at all. 

Hi @Horlj, thanks for your post and sincere apologies for this.

I'd recommend calling our Sales Team to discuss this on 0800 183 1234 where they'll be able to confirm this for you.

Apologies if we're unable to serve your property though if this is the case.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I have already been told a spotter has been out and it can't be serviced. An engineer has told me that there is no reason I shouldn't be able to get it. He said it was possible I was on the closest streets network (something along those lines) so it was possible when that street was updated, mine wasn't, so an online error rather than a servicing problem. 

I get absolutely nothing out of the sales team.

Hi @Hordlj, thanks for your post.

If a spotter has been to the area and said this can't be serviced, then they are more qualified than the technician to make this judgement generally.

However, I do want to email the Area Field Manager to see if there's anything else that can be done with this based on what you're saying.

Please expect a PM from me shortly asking you to confirm some details.

Many thanks

Tom_W

bbandhunter
Joining in

Hi, can somebody please help me out?

I am looking at a rental property and want to know if Virgin will be available. When I go through the checker I get the 'We think you can get it it' but I have to fill out a form and wait 10 days. I need to move fast on whether to go ahead with renting the property or not and can't wait 10 days - and getting fast internet is pretty key to my decision.

Houses across the road seemingly have Virgin (based on the checker) but I know that doesn't necessarily mean a lot. Is there anyway I can get some help with this decision?

Thanks

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bbandhunter 

Let me take a look into this for you

I'll pop you a private message to take s few details and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Ive been connected for a couple days now and I just wanted to say a quick thank you to Lee_R formally on here. They have been very helpful in private messages in being a proxy between me and various other depts.

The team that came out to run the cable to the building were very good, understood that I didn't want to deface the building and everything looks great.