cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Thanks Domsene

I will have a look now 

Has anyone got back to you at all

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth 

One of your colleagues mentioned were going to raise a request with an area field manager but that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since despite several followups.  

Leave that with me Domsene

It might take me 24 hours to get an update 

But I will update you along the way 

Gareth_L

saurabhuic
Joining in

I am a current Virgin media customer and moving into a new house. The postcode checker says I cannot have connection but we do have connection to my immediate neighbor. 

Would love to get access

Hi saurabhuic

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I can't guarantee anything but will happily send you a PM, get some details and check what's happening here.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM saurabhuic

As per the resolution of the PM, we've advised you to call Sales on 0800 183 1234 to look into the possibility of sending a spotter. This is because the address isn't coming up on my system.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Horlj
Tuning in

Yep. Same problem for me.

I'm in number 49, and both myself and 47 don't have access. Every other house on the street does have access. We're the closest houses out of everyone to the cabinet, it's directly over the road. The same cabinet which is used by absolutely everyone on the street.

How on earth can I not have access?

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, I have sent you a PM to have a look for you

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Horlj,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear you are unable to get Virgin Media services, even though your neighbours have it. Did you receive a private message from @BumbleVMTech regarding this? Please do keep us posted on the outcome and let me know if there's anything else you need.

Kind regards,

Serena

@Serena_C

Hello. Yeah I got a PM last night, it looks as though I will need a spotter to go out as it does look like I should be able to get VM services. Do you happen to know how long it would typically take for a spotter to go out and complete their check? Could I expect this to be done before Christmas?