cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Afternoon,

Please can anyone help, i seem to be going around in circles with VM over the last month+. I have moved into a new build and need a new connection (the builder has laid cables but not connected to VM). All the neighbours have VM but VM system is saying its not available when it clearly is. Apparently, I need a spotter (?), but trying to get hold of one seems to be impossible despite repeated promises from VM that someone will be in touch. Is there a number for these spotters I can call or a job site I can post the request on?

Thank you in advance

Hi Jamie,

Let me take a look at this for you, i will send you a private message for some details.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's fine with me thanks @Christy_D@RTaylor Christy is much more help to you with this kind of query, you're in capable hands 🙂

Tom 

thatchersj
Joining in

We have a similar problem - we are the first tenants in a new build and are unable to get fibre broadband through the openreach network as the cabinet is full so were recommended to try virgin by another provider. 

Our house (see below image) has been built on a corner plot and all the neighbouring addresses (on both sides of both adjoining roads) can get (or already have) virgin media, however our address (and the address of a second new build next door) does not appear on the online checker. My partner was told over the phone that our address could not be served, however this chain suggests there might be some hope?

We both work from home, so would really appreciate any help getting set up if possible!

virginavailability.jpg

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Please let me check this for you.

I'll pop you a private message to take some details and look into this.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

d_c_l
Joining in

Hi there,

I'm in the same situation as other people mentioned before: my two neighbours downstairs have Virgin, but every time I try to get it the answer is that it's not available in my area. I tried countless times calling to customer service and using the web chat explaining my situation, but no luck so far.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

David

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @d_c_l 

Let me take a look for you

I'll pop over a private message to take some details.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi,

Similar situation, moving to a flat and the building of flats next to us has access and shows up on the address list with virgin media access but not ours.

Morning rogergoncalves,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Not all properties can be cabled, we would suggest talking with our sales team on 0800 183 1234 and they can look to arrange a spotter to the property, to see if this is something we can do.

Alex_Rm

Hello @zak_M & fellow Virgin forum team - I hope you can offer me the same help.  

I've moved into a small apartment building with six flats, all of which - above, below and on the same level - are connected to Virgin Media except mine. In fact all the identical apartment blocks on my road are connected to Virgin Media! Mine is the only sad, solitary apartment that is currently Virgin-less 😞 

To add insult to injury, the external Virgin Media connection box is attached to the wall right outside my flat 😩 - see photo below...

Taunting me just meters away!Taunting me just meters away!

... And yet I get a "computer says no" response when I put in my details. This is surely a mistake! 

I'm gagging for Gig1 fibre broadband... I want to be bundled up to my eyeballs.

Please could you look into this for me. My DMs are open!