cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

I'm having exactly the same issue here. I'm moving to a flat around 200m away from where I currently rent, and would love to bring my Virgin Media service with me. Having checked the postcode and address, the service checker said Virgin Media broadband was unavailable. That seemed extremely strange, so I changed the address to the houses either side of the new property and both can access Virgin Media broadband. I do hope it's not a capacity issue.  I also noted that the property address itself seemed incorrect, as it's a house that's divided into 6 flats but is listed as 12 flats (which I believe was the case back in 1997 - 2010).  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LGLC,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums.

I am glad to hear you are interested in our services. I can take a look for you to see if we can book a spotter to come and take a look for you ?

I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there.

Zoie

Hi 

I am also having this issue in a terraced flat. We are top floor, but there are people in the stair / at other doors on the street with the services. 

we are really keen to go with virgin and would love any assistance / clarification on why we are unable to get the services. 

many thanks 

Hi there,

please accept my apologies for the difficulties you’re having getting connected. I will send you a private message for some details and look into this for you.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

jamie28763
Tuning in

Hello,

Please can you help? We currently have virgin broadband and would love to take it with us but the new address doesn't appear to be serviced despite the entire street having virgin.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you in advance, Jamie

Hi jamie28763,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We're sorry to hear we haven't cabled your new address yet. 

I am unable to locate your account on our side. Can you confirm if you have spoken directly with our Movers team regarding this yet?

If so what have they advised?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

I havnt, I just did the address check on the website and it said someone would be in touch in 10 days but I’ll speak with the movers team, thank you for suggestion.

jamie

Thank you for coming back to me. I do recommend reaching out to the Movers team they will be able to look into this for you. 

^Martin

Vsab
On our wavelength

Hi 

I had "technical manager" handed me a leaflet, just 2 days ago, stating that I can get virgin media at my house, I checked the website and it says can't get the service. It's available at the flats just opposite my house. Literally canceled my BT broabdand yesterday, since it was the last day to cancel before I'm tied in to a 24 months contract. 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Vsab 

Thanks for your post.

I'll send over a private message to see if we can assist you with this.

Many thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more