cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

I can't login to that account and forgot Pw process never sends an email, tried 5 times. Can you email me instead? 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @carkom1 

Sorry to hear you can log in.

I'll send you a private message to this account instead.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

AdamH1G
Joining in

Similar situation to others here. I am a current Virgin Media cable M100 customer, but am moving flat. The flat I'm interested in can only receive standard ADSL via the phone line but is listed on relevant service availability sites as being in a VM cable area. I have confirmed this by checking if the neighbouring buildings are VM cable customers, which they are.

I require a high speed fibre connection to do my job, and in order to be able to take this flat need to know that a VM engineer will be able to install and activate VM cable services.

Are you able to PM and confirm whether this is the case? It would be a potential nightmare if I were to take it and VM were unwilling to install.

Thanks!

Hi Adam.

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear there is uncertainty on whether or not our services are available inn a flat you are looking at moving into.

I was able to find the current account however no information was available for the new property there, so I can get this and help further I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

The house I’m moving to is apparently not in a Virgin area, but the house next door can get up to 600mb?! Can one of the team look into this for me?

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rjw234 

Will you be moving services to this address??

Have you spoken with the move and transfer team at all?

Many thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

I'd like to, but if I try to on my online account it says it's not available, so looking like I'll need to cancel...

Also, when people have had members of the team look into it, has this involved any more than checking the postcode tool on the website?  I tried speaking to someone on the online chat but they didn't seem to understand the issue.

The property I'm moving to says services are not available.  The next door neighbour's address says they are available.  The house is only 20 years old, and the old address of the site that it was built on is still showing on the online postcode checker as being available.  Why would services be available on the site and next door, but not at the "new" address?

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rjw234,

Thanks for getting back to us. I would advise you to get in touch with our movers team as they can best advise on the current information available on whether your new property is serviceable - this may differ from what our online service reflects.

The best way to get in touch would be 0345 454 1111 (150 from a VM phone) press 1 then 4 then 3. 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Fbouygues88
Joining in

Hello

I will be moving next month to a property which the movers team says has no access.

However every single other property on the road has access and my property has direct street access.

Movers team person only looked online and confirmed what I found then transferred me to the wrong department.

Please could someone help?

Many thanks