cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's calling

Grumpy24u
Tuning in

I have had three calls up to now from an alleged local number the first was at 07.54 this morning did not answer but did a reverse call search that was saying its registered to  Virgin Media the third i answered and what ever language was spoken it was not English.

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Grumpy24u thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your receiving unwanted calls. And sorry for any concerns this may be causing.  Firstly, would you be able to share the number that's calling you?  Are they calling you on your landline or mobile?  If landline have you seen here?  

Regard

Lee_R

Thank you for getting back to me so Quickly. They are using a local area code but change the number each time. These are. 01782 8688xx/// 01782 8752xx /// 01782 8353xx

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

Thanks @Grumpy24u.  We've noted the numbers and will test them.  In the meantime I would recommend you follow your cautious instincts.

Regards

Lee

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Grumpy24u wrote:

I have had three calls up to now from an alleged local number the first was at 07.54 this morning did not answer but did a reverse call search that was saying its registered to  Virgin Media the third i answered and what ever language was spoken it was not English.

The people calling you are scammers, & the numbers displaying are either not in use or are cloned from genuine users in the UK who have nothing to do with the scam. The call centre ringing you is in India, & the scammers are taking advantage of our ageing telephone system that has no way of telling where a call being routed from the internet is coming from.

Just ignore them. If you answer you are just "feeding the fire" as they will mark your number as responsive & will initiate further calls.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Also, in support of what the fantastic @nodrogd has said.

Unless you're expecting a call from us.  Be it an arranged call back or even if you've raised a complaint, I would always recommend going on the side of caution and contacting us on an advertised number or contact method.  And regarding number spoofing, please see here.

Regards

Lee