cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off in new contract! Want to escalate our complaint but how?

lpmosedale
Joining in

My husband spoke to a Virgin rep in August to renew our contract for broadband and home phone.  For many years we had a plan that allowed us to call international numbers for no extra charge.  The rep knew this very well. But she told him he could great a great new contract for £46 a month with faster internet speed.  He did not know nor was it explained to him what the phrases 'Talk More Anytime' or 'Multi Talk 1000' meant but the new contract showed that they were removed from our new contract. As a result for the last three months we were charged £320 extra in itemized long distance calls. When I called Virgin and spoke to a rep and his supervisor that I thought the rep should have explained on the phone what the features of the new plan were, they said that could add back the international call feature, which is now called something else (Talk More International I think) for a new monthly cost of £51 a month, but could not do anything about the past charges. They agreed that the rep should have explained exactly what the new program was. WHO READS ALL THE FINE PRINT??  People often don't have the time to read through contracts or even to check their monthly bills. We feel the Virgin rep should have explained exactly what we were losing. The supervisor said she would ask someone to review the phone call my husband had but it could take up to six months. We are furious that Virgin reps are either not trained well or trained to mislead customers about what new packages entail so they end up paying ridiculous fees for no better service so Richard Branson can have a bigger yacht. It is impossible to find a way to write him or anyone of consequence.  How can I escalate this complaint?

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 15.02.57.png

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Ipmosedale.
Thanks for taking the time to make a post on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to hear of this experience and the issues faced with your call charges due to the landline package changes recently, we appreciate how much dissatisfaction this may have caused and we'd like to have a look into what has happened so we can assist you.

To do this, I'll need to send you a PM here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs