cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panasonic DECT on Hub 3

slm265
Joining in

I recent had to switch over to the VOIP service.  I have a corded landline phone which works fine with the adapter into the hub, but my Panasonic KX-TGE720E cordless doesn't recognised the line.  It worked fine before the switchover, so I can't see a reason for the combination not working as all the components are functional, except in combination.  I can only thing that there is some sort of incompatibility, which I need to get more information on so I can either fix the existing Panasonic system, or spend money on a replacement in confidence that it will work.

Does anyone have any info on what the problem may be?

Thanks,

Steve

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @slm265 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

So any additional handsets would need to directly connected into the 21CV network, via the adapter or an extension so this is likely to be an incompatibility issue of the handset itself. 

We'd advise contacting Panasonic to see if they can shed any light on this further, but for an extension, it is likely we would need to run additional wires from your Hub to the new device itself and we can help with this if you require it.

We do hope this helps and we're here if you need us.

Many thanks

Tom_W

carl_pearce
Community elder

What cabling are you using to connect multiple devices?

Nothing, just a single Panasonic base station plugged into the Hub3 with the same RJ11 cable which works fine with a BT Decor 2200v2 on the end of it.  The wireless Panasonic handset (the base station does support multiple handsets, which is why we want to use it, but ATM there's only one active) immediately comes up with a missing line error message and there's no dial tone, but there's no configuration settings. I'm an AV engineer, so I'm happy with my fault finding. The cordless was working fine on the old twisted copper pair, so there's nothing I believe faulty, but according to my limited knowledge of phone lines, a 600 ohm phone line is about as basic as it comes, so I'm not sure why one device works and the other doesn't...

Hi Tom,

At this stage I'm not trying to run additional handsets, just to get my Panasonic base station working with one DECT handset.  If I unplug the RJ11 cable which connects my BT Decor 2200v2 (which works just fine) and plug it into the Panasonic base station, it can't see the line.  There is only one wireless handset active ATM, though obviously I'd like more so I can get back to the fairly powercut-proof multiple handset functionality we had for decades with 600 Ohm twisted copper.  I don't plan to run any cables for wired extension handsets, because in a world with DECT why bother?  I suppose my question is whether the spec for 21CV has changed so that some devices designed for twisted pair work while others don't, and if so how do I find out which DECT systems are compatible with my Hub 3.  (There is also the broader question of why I need a landline that doesn't work in a power cut, why have broadcast TV when it's all unwatchable rubbish, and when Starlinks are going for £200 and giving me 100Mb down why do I need Virgin at all?)

Hi Slm265 👋🏼.

Thank you for coming back to us 😊

The answer is that any modern DECT phones can be used with our 21CV landlines.

If the one you are using is not working, it might be an issue with the handset itself.

Please try another handset and see what happens, let us know how you get on. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Client62
Legend

The problem may be the cable for the BT Decor 2200v2 is specific to that model of BT phone.

Try the Panasonic base station with its original telephone cable (the one that worked with the wall sockets)  + the RJ11 to BT Socket adaptor connected to Hub 3 port TEL 1.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have Panasonic DECT handsets running on my hub based line since last year with no problems.

Just a few things to make sure of:

1) Only the top (TEL1) socket will work on the hub if you have a single line.

2) The maximum REN of any connected equipment must not exceed 3.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks