cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service Friday.

Anglezarke
Joining in

My wife was expecting a callback from the doctor Friday afternoon. However the doctor was unable to contact us on the landline. Eventually he managed to get through on my mobile. When I found out he was having problems I tried ringing the landline and got no response. This is the second time this has happened (to our knowledge - people may have been unsuccessfully trying to contact us before). When my wife was in hospital early February she was unable to get through. This is not only unsatisfactory, it is dangerous. People who only have a landline with Virgin are at risk as they may be unable to contact emergency services. This needs sorting as a priority.

10 REPLIES 10

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anglezarke,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with the landline service recently. Unfortunately, like any other provider, we cannot guarantee a 100% fault-free service, but we'll always do what we can to address and resolve an issue ASAP once we're made aware of it.

I've checked over things on our systems, and currently there are no known faults being reported currently that would explain this problem. Is the issue ongoing for you now, or has it since been resolved?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Anglezarke
Joining in

Phone is OK now.  Never had any issues with the old service.

Hi @Anglezarke,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that this is all sorted for you now. Apologies again for the experience.

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Anglezarke
Joining in

Poke too soon. Doctor unable to get through. Tried from mobile and it didn't even ring!

Anglezarke
Joining in

Spoke

Good afternoon @Anglezarke 

Thanks for coming back to us. Did the phone ring from the mobile and not the landline, or did you get an error when you called it?

Can you also unplug the router for me, and also unplug the telephone port on the router. Leave it two minutes and plug everything back in, let me know if that works.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Anglezarke
Joining in

Will give that a try tomorrow morning.

No worries keep us posted 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Anglezarke
Joining in

Phone now working thanks.