cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

victor62
Joining in

Hi, I don't have a dial tone at all, I've tried a new handset but still completely nothing. It's connected to the router directly.

7 REPLIES 7

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi victor62

Thank you for your post, I'm sorry to hear you currently have no dial tone.

No issues from this side from what we can see, do you perhaps have another landline handset which you can test?

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Beth

Hi, I've tried a brand new handset and still no dial tone.

Thanks for getting back to us @victor62 

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and when checking another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It's connected to the hub. I've checked everything, and it's all fine.

Thanks for confirming victor62.

In that case, we'll drop you a PM so we can take your details and look into this with you.

Thank you,

Beth

Ok

Hi @victor62 

Hope you had a nice Easter weekend!

Thanks for getting back to me with your details via PM and for going through the checks with me

I've gone ahead and booked in an engineer appointment for you.

There’ll be no charge for this visit unless:

*The technician finds that the issue isn’t due to our network or equipment, for example if it relates to equipment or other systems not provided by us, or it’s been damaged.

*You miss the appointment for any reason, or someone over 18 isn’t in at the time of the appointment.

Otherwise, the appointment would be free of charge.

The technician will confirm if a charge is applicable and a £25 Appointment Charge or a £25 Missed Appointment Charge may be applied to your account.

If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can reply to the SMS you’ll receive, or you can manage this through the My Virgin Media App up to 4pm the day before the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else 😊

Beth