cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone - how do I report this to Virgin -help pages go round in circles

SteveAldous
On our wavelength

Hi

I have had no dial tone for about a week. I ordered a replacement landline which arrived today and the new phone doesn't get a dial tone either. Thanks for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the updated, once you receive the adaptor you can then complete our Landline Switchover and use your phone Via the Router, you should then have no further issues.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused due to having no dial tone, please let us know how you get on once you have set this up, if you do need any further support in the meantime please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

SteveAldous
On our wavelength

Finally got through to customer services - I have to switch from "BT" style socket to router plugin and they are sending me the kit

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the updated, once you receive the adaptor you can then complete our Landline Switchover and use your phone Via the Router, you should then have no further issues.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused due to having no dial tone, please let us know how you get on once you have set this up, if you do need any further support in the meantime please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

All good now thanks. It would have been nice for Virgin to have told me that they were switching the service to the landline socket off!

Glad to hear this is all resolved for you now @SteveAldous 

We do send out notifications regarding the home phone switch over, but you should've also received the adapter through the post if this was all that was needed. If a new hub was also required for compatibility then that would've needed direct contact. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley