cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Landline Since Cancellation

godrob
Tuning in

Hi support,

Yesterday, I cancelled my Virgin Media contract with a confirmed service termination date of 16 Dec. 

However, when I returned home that evening the landline was completely dead. No dial tone, nothing... The internet is still working fine. I've spent hours since on live chat and whatsapp being passed from pillar to post trying to speak to someone about this. When I have managed to speak with an agent they confirm that the service is still live.

I have an engineer visit on Monday scheduled, but it seems very strange to me that this issue has only arisen since I cancelled my contract. 

Can a member of the telephone team please check this out? To confirm, the phone line is plugged into the back of the Virgin Home Hub. Everything has been rebooted and there are no telephone service issues in my area that I'm aware of.

Thanks

Rob.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yours is the 10th recent topic I have noted where the customer has had a service (usually the landline) disconnected immediately upon giving 30 days notice.

If the issue is not to do with your number port or local area fault, and if your case follows the same pattern as the others, it will take you the best part of your 30 days to get it reconnected due to VM dragging its heels.

You should press VM to complete the reconnection ASAP, especially if VM is not the range holder of your number because as time ticks on it may be harder to recover the number to port it.

Keep detailed notes of all VM's bungling to restore the service. Your services should be fully working during your last 30 days so you should be due compensation for the total loss of service of your phone if VM has caused the total loss of service.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a new supplier who you asked to port your landline number? If so, they will have taken over your landline perhaps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply. I've been in touch with my new supplier and they confirmed that they haven't updated anything and won't until the installation date.

I'm stumped... 

Thanks

Rob.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @godrob

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's a shame to hear that you're leaving us, and that you're also experiencing some problems with your services at the moment. If you have a technician visit scheduled and booked then I'm confident that they'll be able to get this sorted out for you. Be sure to let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yours is the 10th recent topic I have noted where the customer has had a service (usually the landline) disconnected immediately upon giving 30 days notice.

If the issue is not to do with your number port or local area fault, and if your case follows the same pattern as the others, it will take you the best part of your 30 days to get it reconnected due to VM dragging its heels.

You should press VM to complete the reconnection ASAP, especially if VM is not the range holder of your number because as time ticks on it may be harder to recover the number to port it.

Keep detailed notes of all VM's bungling to restore the service. Your services should be fully working during your last 30 days so you should be due compensation for the total loss of service of your phone if VM has caused the total loss of service.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

godrob
Tuning in

Thanks for the replies so far. Is there a way to pinpoint if the number has been ported already or if VM have just disconnected the service?

My new supplier has said that the number must be live in order to be ported over to them so I'm getting a bit concerned now. Not sure what an engineer visit is going to do...

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You new supplier would typically install your service with a temporary number first of all and get it all working. Once that has happened the number would be ported from VM (which requires the VM line to be working) and your ported number would replace the temporary number on the new line once it has ported over.

I would have thought the VM forum team should be able to check your account to see if the number/line has been disconnected or not when they reply back here.

Thank you @goslow 

ritaowusu1986
Joining in

Same thing happened to me!

I cancelled all my services yesterday and was told by the agent that my services would be disconnected on the 16th December yet my landline has stopped working but the internet and TV are still working. I haven't taken the number to another provider. What can i do?

Hi @ritaowusu1986 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are also having this issue. 

Have you tried following the troubleshooting here - Why is my Virgin Landline not working?

If the issue persists, please do reply to my PM 📩 so I can help further. 

Thanks!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs