cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a phone adapter

Smiley_Neil
On our wavelength

Hi,

I need a phone adapter, how do I get hold of one?

When the VOIP switchover happened my Hub was upstairs and we needed the phone downstairs. A technician visited and gave me 2 RJ45 to RJ11 cables so that the phone could connect through the home network to the Hub. They took away the adapter that was sent in the post.

I've just moved the Hub downstairs and want to connect my phone directly to the Hub. Can Virgin provide a new cable, to go from the phone to the Hub? Or an adapter to go from RJ45 to the Hub?

Thanks

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Smiley_Neil, thank you for your response.

In order to raise an order for you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Smiley_Neil 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query.

The adapter would go from the back of the hub to the telephone as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/digital-voice-switchover If you need help with changing the current setup, we can book an engineer appointment for you, however, there would be a call-out fee https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides Please let us know which one of these options you prefer and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Smiley_Neil
On our wavelength

Hi Akua_A,

No need for an engineer callout. I just need the adapter, the rest is all set up correctly. How do I get an adapter?

Thanks

Neil

Hi @Smiley_Neil, thank you for your response.

In order to raise an order for you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel