cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline problem

WDM1
Joining in

Cannot get through to elderly mother on her landline

anyone know if there is a problem in KY1 3DS postcode? 

8 REPLIES 8

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @WDM1 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues with your mothers landline. 😢
I've had a look and I cannot see any issues in the area for that postcode in relation the the landline.
We also advise not to publicise any personal information such as emails, numbers or post codes for the protection and safety of data.

In relation to the issues with the landline, we are experiencing an issue where customer on the Virgin Media hub 5 cannot ring out, only outgoing calls and not incoming calls.
Have you tried to ring her from a landline or mobile to see if the issue is with her home phone setup?

Let us know and we can go on from there. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. Tried ringing from my mobile and cannot get connected 

Still cannot get through 

Thanks for the reply @WDM1 😇

Have you been able to try another mobile or landline to ensure it's not the device on the callers end but the receivers end? 📞

Let us know and we can carry on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Have tried from three different mobiles and cannot get through 

Do you know if the landline works via a wall socket or a Hub? If it is a Hub, do you know which model it is as we're aware of an issue with making and receiving calls via the Hub 5 at present.

Rob

It is through a hub. She had a problem a few months ago and an engineer came and fitted a new hub for her. That is all I can tell you I’m afraid 

It would appear to be an issue with making and receiving calls via the Hub, we're aware of it and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience WDM1

Rob