cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing

TangyTom8
Joining in

Hello,

We've recently noticed our landline has stopped ringing out loud. We can make and receive calls but when a call is received it doesn't physically ring. The phone is plugged into the wall socket. Thinking it may have been the phone, we purchased a new handset but the new one does exactly the same. Volumes are turned up. I saw on a previous thread that someone with the same issue turned out to have a power level problem so wondering if this can be checked please?

Thank you

Frazer

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @TangyTom8, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the landline phone not ringing.

Can you please confirm if you're able to ensure that the handset is connected to the master socket and no other handsets or pieces of equipment are connected to any extension sockets, to then see if the handset rings when a call is made?

Please also ensure that you check that the ringer is indeed on, on the handsets.

Thanks,

David_Bn 

Hi David,

Yes phone is connected to the master socket. There are no other handsets connected, we only have the one socket. Handset is not ringing out loud. The ringer is on.

Frazer

Thanks for confirming @TangyTom8.

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this one for your.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via private message @TangyTom8.

Do please keep us updated.

All the best,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @TangyTom8, thanks for working with me via our private messaging function. 

I'm glad this has been resolved and we've been able to get you a new hub, with the new landline set up now in place for you.

Do feel free to come back to our Community Forums if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,

David_Bn