cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline engaged tone when calling out

cazaqueen
Tuning in

I have been having issues with my landine for a few days now. At first, no-one could call in and they were either getting an engeged tone or a message to say that the number is wrong. After rebooting, this seemed to fix the problem. 

The issue we have now is that although people can call in to the landline, I cannot make calls out, all i get is engaged tone, even when trying to call 150.

Can anyone advice how to fix this please, I have rebooted twice today and the issue has not been resolved

many thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Cazaqueen.

Thanks for popping back on our community. Sorry you've had to raise the landline fault with us.

Normally we ask the customer to reboot the hub as your on the fibreline, however this has been done already with no fix.

You can also check your area here for any known issues.

I can investigate this for you as well.

If you don't mind, I’ll need to send you a private message to pass security. 

If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 

Regards     

Gareth_L

HI

I have answered you PM

BW

Thank you.

I've just replied now.

Gareth_L

Hi there

are there any updates to this issue as it seems to be affecting quite a few people

many thanks

Carol

cazaqueen
Tuning in

I have not been able to make outgoing calls on my landline for 6 days now. I did raise a ticket but have not heard anything back since last Friday. All I am getting is an engaged tone whenever I try to call out.

I have rebooting the router about 5 times now and this has not worked.

can anyone please help?

many thanks

Hi @cazaqueen 

Sorry to hear this is still an ongoing issue for you.

We can see that you're already a thread regarding this issues and already getting support through private messaged with one the forum team. Please reach back out to them on your already open private messaged and they'll be able to assist further for you. 

We ask members not to make multiple threads on the same issue. This is so we can assist in one place to save any confusion and also to help customers with similar issues find the answers and support as well. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks for your patience over the last few days cazaqueen.

Now we've been able to arrange for an engineer to attend, would you be able to let me know hows the visit goes.

Gareth_L