cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Voicemail not working

markfranklin
Tuning in

A few weeks ago, I decided to get rid of "Voicemail Plus" from my account as I never used the additional features, and switch to the standard free Voicemail.

After this, when calling 1571 I was prompted to set up Voicemail again as if it were a new service, which was fine.

However, when someone calls my number, it continually rings and rings (i.e. Voicemail never cuts in).

I reported this to Virgin and they said they needed to re-set the service and after 24 hours it would work fine.  Sadly nothing has changed and Voicemail never cuts in.

I have tried to call Virgin again but gave up after a very long wait on hold.  

Would anyone have any clues how to resolve this one?

Thanks very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi markfranklin,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear Voicemail has stopped working since removing the + version, so I can have a look I have sent an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi markfranklin,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear Voicemail has stopped working since removing the + version, so I can have a look I have sent an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope.

Regards

Paul.

markfranklin
Tuning in

Thank you so much to Paul for quickly resolving this issue for me.  For some reason the number of rings before Voicemail activation had been set to 40.  Paul kindly changed it to a more sensible number and now the problem is resolved.

Hi Mark,

Glad I was able to help, it took a little tweaking but we got there in the end, if you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.