cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone does not ring on incoming calls

Michael--__S
Tuning in

My Home phone does not ring for incoming calls, there is no notification on the phone screen neither,

If I ring my home number, (no ring or info on the home phone screen) I can pick up the call and speak (on testing when ringing from my mobile). I can make outgoing calls and there is a dial tone. Everything seems to work but the incoming ring, due to this the answer phone does not kick in too. if I ring 1471 it tells me someone tried calling

I have plugged this cordless phone base in to another phone socket and still does not ring for incoming calls. 

There has been no change to my set up for the phone, it's been in use for years in the same place.

Could the voltage have dropped from the local cabinet to my house, hence my phone is not longer picking up an incoming call?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Michael--__S, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about your phone problem,

Let me send you a DM and we will look into fixing this off. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Michael--__S, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about your phone problem,

Let me send you a DM and we will look into fixing this off. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Glad we've managed to get the ball rolling on this for you 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Michael--__S
Tuning in

Thank you for your quick response on this.

No problem, glad we managed to get this sorted for you 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Michael--__S
Tuning in

Thank You Matthew_ML , The engineer came this morning and it is now fixed, converted to plug in to the back of the router instead of the phone line/socket

No worries at all.

Happy to help and glad to hear this 🙂

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?