cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Voicemail

Davevid
Joining in

I need to disable Voicemail to enable call divert to be used. My contract includes call divert, but it will not function whilst voicemail is set.

I have tried ringing 1571 but there is no option to enable to setting to be cancelled.

Any help please?

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This must be done centrally by setting the exchange switch. Either call customer services on 150, or the Forum Team can arrange it if you are prepared to wait a couple of days for a response.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Davevid 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your call divert. 

Just to confirm that you're referring to the Virgin Media free voicemail or are you referring to your own handset voicemail?  If you've dialled 1571 and not been able to access your voicemails, then you might not have our voicemail service active on your services.  Especially so, if you have caller divert on your services as you cannot have both active at the same time. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm aware that calll divert and voicemail are incompatible. I therefore wish to cancel free voicemail on my landline and activate call divert. Voicemail is definitely active on the landline but attempting to disable it in order to activate call divert is providing to be difficult as the option to do so via 1571 is not available.

I have been given to understand that a settings option should be available via that route, but no success there.

Attempting to implement call divert produces a recorded message that call divert is not possible on this number, and Customer Services afirm that voicemail is extant.

Okay, we can double check this for you at our side, but should our free voicemail be active on your services, it should be accessible in 1571, which is why I asked to ensure it wasn't the handsets/ 3rd party voicemail service rather than our own. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley