cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current VM customer ( TV & BB) - Landline is with TalkTalk

Charlie_Wong
Joining in

Hello Team,

I am a current VM customer, paying for TV, BB and Landline (weekend chatter).

When I switched over to VM back in 2012, the engineer didn't touch the landline, at the time we were happy with the landline service (cheap/inclusive International calls etc) provided by TalkTalk.

Fast forward 12 years, with WhatsApp's growth and evolution, I no longer warrant paying for this TalkTalk service, the contract with them ends 13/07/2024 and I will not be renewing.

As I'm technically paying for a Landline with VM (as part of my package) I would like to switch my TalkTalk landline to VM and keep the current landline number, I believe this can be done by porting the number?

I'm not sure if any physical changes need to be made at our end by an engineer, any advice on the entire process, would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Should be okay AFAIK. See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/How-do-I-transfer-a-landline-number-to-an-existin... (although this one went sour for unrelated reasons). 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Charlie_Wong 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. We want to do our best to look into your landline port request. To best look into this, we are sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs