cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check line cord error

taylorcat
Joining in

Am getting this message on my phone and no dial tone. Virgin engineer came out and said phone must be directly connected to the router which is not possible???

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi taylorcat
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the landline issue. 
Changing to the phone service via cable is a government objective and this has to be completed by 2025, we are choosing to take the change over now to ensure all of our customers have been migrated prior to the current telephone exchange being closed down in 2025. The below links explain more;
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover and https://www.futureofvoice.co.uk/
From a system check you are still on a landline via the wallsocket. 
On the system check, we've seen the landline is permanently engaged. Have you got any pieces of equipment connected to the phoneline? If so, can you try removing them for me to see if this solves the issue? 
If no equipment or you've done this with no resolve, can you confirm are you connected via the Master socket or via an extension lead? 
Also please try the below;
• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
• Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 
Let me know how you get on.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Client62
Legend

Why was it not possible for the engineer to connect the phone to the Hub ?

Below is a phone connected to a Hub 3...

Client62_0-1676115542926.png

mattlewis
Tuning in

I am having the same issue with my phones, nothing else is plugged in only the main phone to the back of the router and the other phones are in other rooms. I am getting the Line Chord Error message on all three phones and cannot make or receive calls. This is only from today and has not happened previous to this.

Hi mattlewis,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the line.

I've had a look at things from our side and can see it's been some time since the hub was last rebooted.

If you can please do this first of all to rule it out.

Pop back and let me know if there is any change 🙂

Alex_Rm