cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin mail settings

BobG24
Joining in

Why does virgin mail treat messages/emails from the community as spam?

When I first signed up for the community I could'nt understand why I was not recieving the verification email. Then found out about changing the spam filter settings in virgin mail. to "send to inbox but mark as spam" and lo and behold I recieve the various emails from the community, but all marked as "spam"

Why is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BobG24 wrote:

Why is this?

It is actually a fairly recent problem. I first noticed it on 20th March.

It seems to have been caused by a recent change introduced by Khoros who supply the forum software.

The forum notification emails used to show that they were sent by Virgin Media and they were not flagged as spam.

However, although the emails still appear to be sent from VirginMediaCommunitySupport at virginmedia.co.uk, (the same email address as before),  they now appear to be sent by Khoros themselves.

This should not be a problem but it seems that there are issues with the email settings which Khorus currently use when sending forum emails which mean they now fail VM's security checks and end up getting flagged as spam.

I understand that VM have raised this with Khoros but it would seem that Khoros has still fixed the problem.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BobG24 wrote:

Why is this?

It is actually a fairly recent problem. I first noticed it on 20th March.

It seems to have been caused by a recent change introduced by Khoros who supply the forum software.

The forum notification emails used to show that they were sent by Virgin Media and they were not flagged as spam.

However, although the emails still appear to be sent from VirginMediaCommunitySupport at virginmedia.co.uk, (the same email address as before),  they now appear to be sent by Khoros themselves.

This should not be a problem but it seems that there are issues with the email settings which Khorus currently use when sending forum emails which mean they now fail VM's security checks and end up getting flagged as spam.

I understand that VM have raised this with Khoros but it would seem that Khoros has still fixed the problem.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gilbo2
On our wavelength

Thanks @coenoby for the info, hopefully it will get resolved in time.