cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable (NTLWORLD)

superplay
On our wavelength

I have become locked out of my email account without any warning whatsoever.

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

Looking at other posts on the forum with this exact issue, I have changed my password, enabled 2FA, still locked out.

Over the years I have added 2FA on dozens of services and websites, likewise I have enabled 2FA with multiple other email accounts, created App sign ins for apps like outlook without any issues whatsoever.

- Windows 11
- Changed password and enabled 2FA (PIN is automatically selected)
- I can access 'my account' using the details, still locked out of email

4 REPLIES 4

superplay
On our wavelength

As a test I have just removed my email account from other another devices, iPad phone etc.

Change my password again!

I can log into 'my account' in a browser on my PC using the new details, however I still cannot access email:

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.
If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution.

superplay
On our wavelength

Tried again and I have managed to get into my account.

Anyone else with this issue, you have to perform ALL of the steps listed in the following article

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-unavailable

superplay
On our wavelength

I have found the reason why my account had become locked.

To help to protect others, I reported a phishing email yesterday to Virgin media, by forwarding a copy of the message to phishing@virginmedia.com as per their reporting instructions.

What was their response to me being a good citizen, yep they locked my account!

The kicker here is they locked my account before sending the email notification to say they were going to do so. As a result I have only just received this notification, after I have manged to get back into my account.

Unbelievable, totally unbelievable!

Part of the VM Email:

---
Hello

Thank you for your report,

Please be advised my.eamil@ntlworld.com is now locked due to possible compromise.

Please follow all the steps below to resolve your issue with your compromised e-mail account:-

Login to My Virgin Media via http://my.virginmedia.com using your default .....................

---

Hey @superplay Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with relation to your email account.

Have you tried to get this unlocked by resetting the password?
Or have you managed to reach out to the team to get this unlocked?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs