cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail login and app-password

TCPIP
Tuning in

I have an @ntlworld.com address as a secondary account, and use Outlook with an app-password to access email. All works well.

I also have a password from before the app-password was established that I could use to log in to view webmail.

I am unable to log in to webmail with either the original password or the app-password. Attempting to reset the password for the account results in an error message "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media".

What to do next?

I'm trying to review the spam folder which is only available on webmail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Were you forced to change your Sign in Email Address to a third-party / non-Virgin Media one when generating the app password or making other sensitive changes? If so then try using that email address with your sign in password, i.e. not the app password.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Were you forced to change your Sign in Email Address to a third-party / non-Virgin Media one when generating the app password or making other sensitive changes? If so then try using that email address with your sign in password, i.e. not the app password.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

TCPIP
Tuning in

Thanks for your help. Logging in using the previously registered non-VirginMedia email address worked.

It's a bit counter-intuitive, but works when you know the steps to follow.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good to read the issue is resolved.