cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email account closed unexpectedly

Kookerburra
Joining in

I've seen some similar posts on here relating to the closure of virgin.net email accounts.  Like others I have had this account for around 20 years, although for a long time not had any current products via virgin, my mobile phone was transferred to o2 last year as part of virgins sell off. 

My email is in regular daily use, and after some login issues has been closed down, password and help.team confirm the email address is closed. 

This is causing a whole host of problems. Other accounts that use my email as the log in details are automatically locking out, I can't pass the authentication requirements as they send codes to an email I can't access.  My flight booking for 7 people is with Ryanair, who say it can't be accessed without email or booking reference, all of which are in a folder on my now suspended email.

I didn't receive any warning or notice.  I can see that others have experienced similar.  Did you manage to access old emails at all or manage to have a 'redirect' placed on the account?  

Any ideas thoughts appreciated, I can see a forum team member Gareth_ has helped others with this.  Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Kookerburra 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your email and I am so sorry that this has caused complications with other log in's and bookings. 

If the team have confirmed the email has been removed then there would be nothing further we could do, other than asking our IT teams to remove the email completely. What exactly have our teams stated when you have asked about this?

Thanks for you response Ashleigh. I am still awaiting contact from the IT team, a ticket was logged on Wednesday and I have been told contact would be made within 5 days.  I am expecting news as you indicate.

I can understand the need for virgin to close accounts, however, their failure to notify of this impending action is really frustrating. Surely automated notification email could have been issued a month prior.  The email is in regular use with numerous accounts and important access controls attached to it.  

I know this is a strategic decision but perhaps some of the comments on this site do venture up the ladder. 

Thanks 

Hi @Kookerburra 👋

We would need to take a closer look at this, I have sent you a private message so we can go over some details and check on the IT ticket that has been raised. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

gwb67
Dialled in

Have you had any success with this? I was locked out on Friday and phoning Customer Service didn't help - they didn't know virgin.net addresses existed. I managed to gain access again without their help but now it's locked me out again. Very poor from Virgin.

Hi gwb67,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the access with your virgin.net email address. 

At this point with the team we would only be able to have the IT Team delete the email address. 

Please let us know if you would like assistance with that. 

^Martin

Hi,  unfortunately no luck as yet, I did think I was almost getting there, Sabrina on this forum was trying to assist. But unfortunately no luck as yet.  Crazy situation really, just a bit of notice of it closing could have helped prevent lots of lost emails, some important.  Good luck with your efforts too.