cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Sending Enails on Virgin Media Website

KeithLeonard
Fibre optic

When I have been trying to send my emails via Virgin Media Email Website today and Monday, I have been unable to send them as I getvtge message "Unable to send email due to too many spam emails bring sent from this account in the past hour. If this problem persists please try again later"

This problem lasts for several hours and then I can send emails ok.

I have phoned Virgin Media and all they have done is raised a ticket to their technical department and promised someone would phone me back in 4-5 working days as there us supposed to be a problem with my account.

Can anyone help with this problem. I can send emails ok via my apps but this is not ideal.

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KeithLeonard, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with sending emails due to this error. This issue only usually occurs if there are a lot of emails with the same content being sent over a short period of time. The servers are picking up that possible spam could be being sent. 

I can see that the IT team have already been in touch and helped with resetting the password to the account so can you let us know if you're still having the same issue? If you are, please let us know if you usually send a lot of mails or whether you're only sending a few so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath The thing is I haven't sent a lot of emails with a similar content and their resetting my account password didn't help either. When I used Virgin Media webmail on my phone, I could sendxemails ok but not on my pc 

Technical Support were a waste of time and the lady I spoke to was,very rude and I could hardly understand her. In the end I was on the verge of leaving Virgin Media because of her.

I have had to reset my both my account and app passwords less than a week later (which is now getting a regular occurrence) and touch wood everything appears ok.