cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password had to be reset and sent mails lost

philip1976
Joining in

This afternoon I tried to log into my email and was denied and needed a password reset which took me about 1 hour to do. The reset instructions are not straightforward. When I managed to log in, all my sent emails had disappeared.

Why the need to reset the password - which also I had to do 3 months ago - and where are my sent messages?

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi philip1976 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble accessing your emails. When you say this was denied, was a specific error message, or page shown? This will help us diagnose a potential cause as to why you have needed to reset the password.

Can you also confirm whether you were experiencing trouble signing in to your WebMail service, or through a 3rd-party app such as Outlook, or iOS Mail? When you send an email, do you see this in your Sent Mailbox, or are newly sent emails also not showing?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you Reece

All I can remember was an A4 grey page appearing telling me how to reset my password in 3 stages, after a screen just saying 'access denied.'  I use webmail directly and don't use Outlook. When I send an email it shows in my sent box. It's working ok at present but if/when it happens again I'll pay more attention to the error process.

Philip