cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP Server Down

daedalus
On our wavelength

Is the POP server down for emails? as my Outlook as stopped sending emails. When syncing it states the server is down?

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daedalus wrote:

my Outlook as stopped sending emails.

Is the POP server down

In fact it's the SMTP server that deals with sending emails, the POP3  server  only deals with incoming emails.

Having said that, VM's POP3 and SMTP servers are both working for me in the email clients that I use.

However, a lot of people are posting on the forum with problems sending VM emails using an email client or app such as Outllook. The two main causes are:

1. VM has blocked the IP address of the customer's home VM network
  2. VM has blocked the customers email account due to "too many spam emails sent"

In both cases you should still be able to send uisng VM's webmail service on the VM website.

Outlook's often reports a generic error message “Outlook cannot connect to server” which can be due to a number of things including account password issues as well as 1 and 2 above. It does not necessarily mean the server is down.

Just to clarify what's happening in your case it would be useful to know the full error message that Outlook is reporting - but remove your email address from the message when you post it.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks