cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email password change

Taiyan
Joining in
  • Hello,

I am trying to reset my email password - I have continued to use my original @ntlworld.com email from way back and have only ever had access to this email address through the Apple Mail app on my iPhone.

Unfortunately, there was some kind of hacking incident and I really need to change my emails password.

I have tried to access my mailbox through the Virgin Media online portal but this was met with an error message saying emails cannot be displayed.

I have a number of very important emails that I cannot just stop using the account. I do not have a linked/related virgin media email account and know of no way to change my password. This email address is also the one I use to sign up to everything for and I have outstanding bookings and tickets etc attached to this account so not having access is a major issue.

My question is, how do I go about changing my ntlworld password? I am reluctant to do anything until I have the process confirmed because of the hacked issue and potentially locking myself out entirely and losing everything. I’m aware that VM stopped supporting NTL World email addresses but I’m really hoping that you can help or guide me at the very least. 

Any help would be enormously appreciated. 

•  
9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have a look at the info below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/security/why-is-my-virgin-media-email-hacked

Each VM mailbox now has its own corresponding 'My Virgin Media' login. You make password changes from there. To use the mailbox with an email client you also need to generate an app password. You may also need to provide VM with a third party email address as part of VM's recent security changes below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

VM is still supporting ntlworld email addresses but users of those mailboxes need to be paying VM for a broadband service to carry on using the email addresses.

I can’t log in to a VM account as I don’t have one. Never have. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM has change the management process for email. Each mailbox now has its own 'My Virgin Media' login

https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn

which you can try with your email address and your VM account password. It is from there that you should be able to make changes to your mailbox password (if you can make any changes at all, that is)

How do you come to have a ntlworld address but have never had a VM account? Was it created via a VM broadband account of someone else to be a secondary mailbox under that person's VM broadband account?

VM has been deleting mailboxes which are no longer associated with a current VM broadband subscription. If the VM broadband account from where your mailbox originated is no longer in existence, or your mailbox has become 'orphaned', your mailbox may be under threat of deletion.

I had it from before virgin took NTLWORLD over. They were my original supplier. Not virgin. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Taiyan wrote:

I had it from before virgin took NTLWORLD over. They were my original supplier. Not virgin. 

Actually Virgin did not take over Ntlworld.  Many years ago Ntl merged with Telewest and the combined company rebranded as Virgin Media under a licence agreement with Virgin group to use the name.

The instructions already posted regarding signing into the My Virgin Media account for the ntlworld email address are correct.  What error message do you get when you try to do this?  If it say the email address is not recognised then you will need to wait for the VM Forum Team staff to respond to this thread as they should be able to assist you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It’s saying my password is incorrect. I think the hackers have been in and changed it. At this point they are accessing so many different accounts and apps and locking me out. I’m trying to intercept emails asking for changes and verification codes but need this password changed immediately. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, the VM Forum Team should be along shortly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

But if you do not have a Virginmedia broadband account they will not be able to help you. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hello Taiyan

Sorry to hear of the email password issues experienced, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to he community.

As mentioned previously, if you no longer have active Virgin Media services we wouldn't be able to change the password for you, to reset the password you can try the following:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
• Go to Account settings, then Account details
• Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
• Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
• Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
• Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new  app password.