cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

PI
On our wavelength

Exactly the same issues with me, lost historic emails since Sunday 17th June. Continual WhatsApp messages to Virgin with promises of it being resolved, this just isn't the case! Virgin your customers need their important/personal emails restored and some honesty about the situation. 

I am also one of the “small number of customers experiencing this issue” and have lost all of my folders with historic emails in as well.  Probably thousands of us tbh. 

I’m mad as hell but what can we do? 

Anything on a computer must be backed up. One locks ones own front door and keeps confidential correspondence safe. So relying on a company such as Virgin Media (but it could really be any other company) without some personal secure backup will always be asking for trouble.

It has been an eye-opener for me as to how many VM customers haven't been backing up their data. I would also criticise VM for never pointing out the need for such precautions.

greyman
Fibre optic

After what looks like a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, my email had been working fine.

However, last night I received an email telling me that VM were going to drop the email services, between midnight and 6am, allegedly to fix an issue.  Unfortunately, since they've "fixed" the issue, I again find myself unable to use email services.

Perhaps if they didn't work so hard it might yield better results for their paying customers?  

Lilliput
On our wavelength

I haven't had my historical emails restored and now can't send or receive emails since your overnight update!!   proper communication is needed and how do I speak to someone about this - tried to chat online but can't because its robots and I don't fit into the broadband/tv/phone category for this issue

I have only been receiving a few very delayed emails on my Primary account all day - nothing on any of my other ntlworld.com accounts in the unified mail which warns that authentication is not accepted on these secondary accounts

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

It's just been (automatically) moved back another five hours to 10pm.

Screenshot_20230630-170658.png

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Marksheridan1
Tuning in

Still lost historic emails.  Any timeline when these might be restored.  

greyman
Fibre optic

So, they've now missed their 1700 target and it's been moved out, by another 5 hours, to 2200.

If this was an inhouse company email service, their bosses would definitely not be impressed.   

We're just customers though, so I guess it's OK?   😞 

Yes, my webmail is now working, BUT, still no emails or folders prior to 19th June, and I tried to resend the email I posted about earlier, but it wouldn't as the message from VM said it contained Spam.....!?!? err no it didn't, so no still gremlins I'm afraid